California Residential Elevators and
Benefits of Using TL Shield
22 reasons to use TL SHIELD and ASSOCIATES Machine Room-less and machine room hydraulic “STELLAR-VATOR®” system.
- Standard car frame is the cantilevered design, that utilizes structural steel members that exceed all safety factor requirements required by ASME Safety Code for elevators. This Heavy Duty design does not require the use of a stabilizer rail to prevent the cab from “swaying”, typically found on other types of elevators.
- Approved Type “A” car safety has been repeatedly drop tested at maximum gross load. Car stopped in less than 1/ 2″ from parting of the hoist ropes. After six consecutive tests, car frame or guide rails showed no signs of distortion.
- All factory welders at TL Shield and Associates are CSA certified.
- All electrical components are UL and/or CSA certified.
- Two 3/8″ diameter hoist ropes with approved rope wedge sockets are used. Breaking strength easily exceeds the 7.6 safety factor required by ASME.
- Pipe rupture valve, located on the hydraulic cylinder, is standard. Should a hydraulic pipe or hose rupture, the PRV will shut off oil flow from the cylinder, preventing the elevator car from further descent. This valve is an added safety feature that is not found on most commercial elevators.
- Hydraulic pump unit utilizes a submersible pump and motor that run very quietly compared to motors mounted on an open frame.
- Larger oil reservoir is utilized for better heat and sound dissipation. Tank is designed to hold total system capacity of oil which prevents the oil from ever overflowing in the case of a valve failure.
- CMR-750 Control Valve provides two speeds of operation. Elevator car will slow down when approaching a landing for better ride quality.
- Battery-powered lowering will bring the elevator to the lowest landing in the event of a power failure. A convenience light in the car will illuminate while car is descending.
- TL Shield and Associates furnishes a solid panel cab door to prevent passengers from extending their hands or feet through the typical car gate opening while the car is moving.
- Automatic re leveling device maintains elevator within 1/4″ of floor level to prevent a tripping hazard when entering and exiting the elevator cab.
- Commercial grade, heavy duty, 8 lb. per foot steel rails are used. Roller guides fixed to the car frame are used to provide a smooth ride, require less maintenance, and have a longer life expectancy than slide type guide shoes.
- TL Shield and Associates utilizes larger piston and cylinder diameters than other manufacturers which result in a better ride quality (less bounce).
- Non-proprietary controller uses actual relays for additional safety that prevents dangerous conditions that exist as result of single component failure.
- Commercial elevator type car door contact has a positive “contact break” feature that will prevent the elevator from moving unless the car door is closed.
- Approved type electro-mechanical door locks are furnished that prevent opening a door from a landing if the elevator car is not at that landing. Exceeds the requirements of ASME. (Same type of door locks as used on commercial elevators)
- Commercial quality CSA approved push-button fixtures are used, designed to withstand years of use.
- TL Shield and Associates furnishes the same UL and CSA certified electrical switches and components as used on their commercial type elevators that have been proven to withstand years of intense use.
- Cab walls are manufactured from commercial quality material. Cab ceilings are designed and manufactured to exceed the weight and load requirements found in ASME.
- After T. L. Shield & Associates installs a TL Shield and Associates elevator there are seldom if ever any call backs.
- TL Shield and Associates residential elevators are the measuring stick to which all other elevators are compared.
Our Southern California office primarily provides custom residential elevators to Los Angeles, Orange County, and San Diego and our Northern California office provides residential elevators to Sacramento, San Francisco, and San Jose. But we are able to serve all cities in California for custom home elevators so please contact us to discuss your needs.